Colombia

Vista: deleting Hyberfil.sys

"How can I disable hibernation in Windows Vista and remove hiberfil.sys?

You are here probably because you want to get rid of that "useless" 2Gb file on you c: drive. Well, it is useless if you never use hibernation to quickly "suthdown and restart" your computer.

here is how you do it:
open a command prompt with Administrator rights: Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on “Command Prompt”, and then click “Run as Administrator”. If User Account Control (UAC) asks you for permission, permit the Command Prompt to run.

Then, type “powercfg -h off” (without the quotes), press Enter.

Close the Command Prompt window and restart."

Comments

I never hibernate my system.I got windows Vista on my laptop from last one year.Always wanted to delete Hyberfil.sys due to its large size but avoided in fear that it may break some other things.Now I can remove it and save my space

Popular posts from this blog

Gustavo Petro - EL OSCURO PASADO DE UN CALUMNIADOR

Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present

:-) Un borracho entra en un autobús......